Ok, I'll play 😉
Directions: Change all the answers so they apply to you. Then, send this to a whole bunch of people you know, INCLUDING the person who sent it to you.
1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Wrapped, unless the thing be too unwieldy. Once had to put a bow on a shovel.
2. Real tree or artificial? Artificial as it can be re-used many times, but I don't mind a live tree if it can be re-planted after.
3. When do you put up the tree? Working on it, still. It's a process that ends just before we start to take it down.
4. When do you take the tree down? New Year's eve.
5. Do you like eggnog? Not so much, though the wife does.
6. Favorite gift received as a child? Probably a book, the All About series comes to mind.
7. Do you have a nativity scene? A tiny one atop the big screen tv. I'm cringing now that I read that, but that's where it fit!
8. Hardest person to buy for? Children of siblings. Sorry kids, your uncle sucks.
9. Easiest person to buy for? Definitely the wife, bless her.
10. Worst Christmas gift ever received? Don't remember ever getting a bad one. One or two that didn't fit, but my girth is really not the fault of the giver is it?
11. Mail or email Christmas card? Either real cards or no cards at all.
12. Favorite Christmas movie? Scrooge, the musical with Albert Finney.
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? November. A hard learned lesson thrust on me by Best Buy – if too much time has passed returns will be a problem. I no longer shop there.
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Of course not.
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Terry's Chocolate Orange.
16. Clear lights or colored on the tree? Design considerations were overcome by tradition long ago. Besides, you can't fight kitsch.
17. Favorite Christmas song? Oh Holy Night. Love the minor chords. It's a fantastic song for a person of good voice, which I am not. But still.
18. Travel at Christmas or stay at home? Home this year, off to mom's last year.
19. Can you name Santa's reindeer? Sleepy, Dopey, Sneezy, Happy, Doc, Bashful, and Grumpy.
20. Do you have an angel on top or a star? An angel with a lute.
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Morning, although when the kids were little we'd allow them a small one on Christmas eve. The batteries.
22. Most annoying thing about this time of year? Reconciling modern life with the Christmas tradition. It gets harder every year. But without the effort, we are lost. Even a "punk" Christmas is better than none at all, because it speaks to the human longing for peace.